Accredited Level 2 Commerce Diploma Entry Requirements
Basic English reading and writing skills, as full tutor support is given.
All students must be 16 years of age or above.
Approximately 160 hours.
Accredited Level 2 Commerce Diploma Course Duration
You can enrol on the course at any time.
Two tutor marked assignments; one assignment after each unit.
Accredited Level 2 Commerce Diploma Course Content
Accredited Level 2 Commerce Diploma Unit 1: Production, Trade, and Consumer Credit
Module 1: Production and Commercial Activity
- Organisation of Production
- Barter and Money
- Kinds of Occupations
- Commercial Activity
- Channels of Distribution
- The production of goods and services; the various activities, occupations and commercial functions in-volved.
Module 2: Trade
- Retail Trade
- Wholesale Trade
- International Trade
- The channels of distribution for goods and services in home and international trade; the role of markets, government involvement.
Module 3: Consumer Credit and Protection
- Buying Goods and Services
- Types of Credit
- Consumer Protection
- Purchase and payment considerations;
- Sources of finance for purchases of goods and services;
- Methods of protection available to consumers.
Accredited Level 2 Commerce Diploma Unit 2: Business Ownership and Trade
- Private and Public Ownership
- Private Sector
- Public Sector
- Commercial Calculations
- Measuring Business Performance
- Improving Business Performance
- Sources of Finance
- Private and public ownership of business organisations; control, profits and losses; the results of trading
- Sources of finance.
Module 5: Aids to Trade
- The role of banks, transport, communications, insurance, advertising and warehousing in making buying and selling safer and simpler.
This course can be used in preparation for progressing to higher level study in relevant business or economics subjects (for example Accredited Level 3 Diplomas) or as a vehicle for career development or to fulfil entry requirements to education courses.