Accredited Level 2 History Diploma Entry Requirements
Basic English reading and writing skills, as full tutor support is given.
All students must be 16 years of age or above.
Approximately 160 hours.
Accredited Level 2 History Diploma Course Duration
You can enrol on the course at any time.
Two tutor marked assignments; one assignment after each unit.
Accredited Level 2 History Diploma Course Content
Accredited Level 2 History Diploma Unit 1: Russia and Superpower Relations
Module 1: Autocracy and Revolt in Russia, 1881-1914
- The reign of Alexander III
- Problems facing Nicholas II, 1894-1905
- The 1905 Revolution
- The Dumas and Stolypin
- The growth of opposition to Tsarist Rule
Module 2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1945-62
- Reasons for the Cold War
- Early developments in the Cold War, 1945-49
- The Cold War in the 1950s
- The Berlin Crisis of 1961
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
Accredited Level 2 History Diploma Unit 2: Communism and Conflict
Module 3: The Fall of Communism in Europe, 1979-91
- Solidarity Movement in Poland
- Economic problems in the Soviet Union
- The policies of Gorbachev
- Developments in eastern Europe, 1988-90
- The Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia
- The reunification of Germany
Module 4: Conflict, crisis and change: China c.1911-1989
- China 1911-34
- The triumph of Mao and the CCP, 1934–49
- Change under Mao, 1949–63
- The impact of the Cultural Revolution
- China, 1969-89
This Accredited Level 2 History Diploma can be used in preparation for progressing to higher level study in relevant historical subjects (for example Accredited Level 3 Diplomas) or as a vehicle for career development or to fulfil entry requirements to education courses.