Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma Entry Requirements
Basic English reading and writing skills, as full tutor support is given.
All students must be 16 years of age or above.
Approximately 160 hours.
You can enrol on the course at any time.
Two tutor marked assignments; one assignment after each unit.
Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma Course Content
Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma Unit 1: Forces, Waves, and Energy
Module 1: Forces, Motion and Electricity
- Movement and Position
- Forces, movement, shape and momentum
- Electric Charge
- Energy and Potential Difference in Circuits
- Mains Electricity
Module 2: Waves
- Properties of Waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Light and SoundHow light travels, how sound waves travel, the differences between wavelengths and frequency as well as how different environments and materials affect said waves.
Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma Module 3: Energy resources and energy transfer
- Energy Transfer
- Work and Power
- Energy Resources and Electricity Generation
Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma Unit 2: States and Magnetism
Module 4: Solids, liquids and Gases
- Density and Pressure
- Change of State
- Ideal Gas MoleculesHow environmental factors such as heat and density affect how an object may change state.
Module 5: Magnetism and Electromagnetism & Radioactivity and Particles
- Electromagnetic Induction
This Accredited Level 2 Physics Diploma can be used in preparation for progressing to higher level study in relevant Physics subjects (for example Accredited Level 3 Diplomas) or as a vehicle for career development or to fulfil entry requirements to education courses.