Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma Entry Requirements
Basic English reading and writing skills, as full tutor support is given.
All students must be 16 years of age or above.
Approximately 160 hours.
Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma Course Duration
You can enrol on the course at any time.
Two tutor marked assignments; one assignment after each unit.
Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma Course Content
Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma Unit 1: The Universe, Reality, and Relationships
Module 1: The universe, human beings and their destiny
- The universe and the place of human beings in it
- Human nature and the human condition
- Selfishness, greed, ignorance and sin
- Free will, determinism and predestination
- Death and life after death
- Ultimate reality
- The meaning of life
- Belief, doubt and unbelief
- The problem of evil and suffering
- Sanctity of life, euthanasia and abortion
Module 3: Relationships, families and children
- Human relationships
- Marriage and partnership
- Divorce and remarriage
- Family structures and responsibilities
- Childlessness and celibacy
Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma Unit 2: Rights and the Religious Community
Module 4: Rights, equality and responsibilities
- Human rights
- Equal rights and equal opportunities
- The multi-ethnic society and racial harmony
- The multi-faith society and interfaith relationships
- Relationships between rich and poor.
Module 5: The Religious Community
- Religious texts and sources of authority
- Founders and leaders
- Rules for living
- Worship and celebration
- Places of worship and pilgrimage
Accredited Level 2 Religious Studies Diploma can be used in preparation for progressing to higher level study in relevant religious subjects (for example Accredited Level 3 Diplomas) or as a vehicle for career development or to fulfil entry requirements to education courses.