Course at a glance
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
Recommended Experience: A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
SectionsEntry Requirements Course Content Progression
CASP+ certification has several benefits that include:
- Global recognition: Today, CompTIA has enormous credibility and is recognized globally as the leading IT nonprofit trade association. Considering cyber security threats have no boundaries, CASP+ certification is welcomed worldwide by innumerable organizations.
- Job benefits: Due to the fact that CompTIA certifications are recognized across the globe, your CASP+ certification is valid in many countries. Therefore, it opens the doors to many advanced-level cyber security jobs. Many popular organizations today highly demand and are eager to hire CASP+ certified professionals. Some of those organizations include the U.S Navy, U.S Army, Verizon Telematics, Network Solutions, and Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Salary Benefits: According to a report by ITCareerFinder.com, the average salary package for CASP+ certified IT professionals is $85,000.
- ANSI approval: CASP+ certification is accredited by ANSI to meet the ISO17024 standard. Additionally, it has also been approved by the U.S Department of Defense (USDoD). Besides, the CASP+ also complies with the rules and regulations of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), the U.S legislation that provides comprehensive guidelines to protect government assets, operations, and information against natural and cyber security threats.
- CompTIA support: Unlike many other information security certifications, CASP+ was developed and maintained by the leading IT professionals in the IT industry.
- U.S Department of Defense (USDOD) positions: CASP+ is required for some U.S. Department of Defense positions as mandated by 8570.01M baseline certification levels.
What skills will you learn?
Enterprise Security Architecture
Enterprise Security Operations
Technical Integration of Enterprise Security
Research, Development & Collaboration
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security. The CASP+ exam covers the following:
- Enterprise security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyberdefense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include mobile and small-form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, cryptocurrency and mobile device encryption
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
The new CompTIA CASP+ CAS-003 exam is available as of April 2, 2018. More information on both versions of the exam is available in the Exam Details below.
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice and performance-based|
|Length of Test||165 Minutes|
|Passing Score||This test has no scaled score; it’s pass/fail only.|
Jobs that use CompTIA CASP+
- Security Architect
- Technical Lead Analyst
- Application Security Engineer
- Security Engineer