When working out the next step to take when it comes to qualifications or expanding your knowledge base it can often get confusing and difficult to navigate the various levels of qualifications and their titles.
The qualifications framework is a clever way for everyone progressing their education to work out what level they would be studying when enrolled on a course. With the introduction of Diplomas as well as the more traditional courses such as GCSEs and A Levels, it has become more important for the educational system to develop a framework of qualifications to help students understand better what they are working towards.
What do Diploma Levels equate to?
Level 2 Diploma qualifications are equivalent to:
- NVQ 2
- NVQ 3
- A levels
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 4 Diploma qualifications are equivalent to:
- NVQ 4
- Certificate of Higher Education (= first year at university)
Level 5 Diploma qualifications are equivalent to:
- NVQ 5
- Diploma of Higher Education (= second year at university)
- Foundation Degree
- Higher National Diploma
Level 6 Diploma qualifications are equivalent to:
- BA (Hons) ie, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- BSc (Hons) ie, Bachelor of Science Degree
Level 7 Diploma qualifications are equivalent to:
- MA ie, Master’s Degree in Arts
- MSc ie, Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent
With their ever-growing popularity in the educational field, whichever level of Diploma you choose to study and further your education with, you can rest assured that the Diploma will be recognised at the correct level.