CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
What skills will you learn?
IT Concepts & Terminology
Applications & Software
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
The English language version of the CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U51 certification exam retired July 15, 2019. Translated versions retire December 1, 2019, and Japanese will remain available through March 31, 2020.
Required exam FCO-U61
Number of questions 75
Type of questions Multiple choice
Length of test 60 minutes
Recommended experience No prior experience necessary
Passing score 650 (on a scale of 900)
Jobs that use CompTIA ITF+
- Desktop Technician
- Helpdesk Specialist
- IT Support Technician
- Information Technology Specialist