All students must be 16 years of age and above to enrol into our AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping.
Assessments are booked by the student directly with the centre of their choice. Students can use the link below to find a centre which is convenient for them.
Students will pay their exam fee direct to the exam centre. Fees will vary centre to centre.
All assessments are computer-based assessments. Exams which have elements of human marking within them will be sent directly to the examiner for marking and results will be received within 6 weeks. The student results are accessible through the students AAT account.
Please note that you can enrol on this course at any time
No prior knowledge is required and the course can be completed in as little as 6 weeks depending on your study time.
Access to bookkeeping: introduces the role of a bookkeeper and simple bookkeeping techniques.
- Understand the role of the bookkeeper
- Understand financial transactions
- Process customer and supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
At the end of the course, you will be assessed to ensure that you can demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding required to meet the learning outcomes and objectives of each unit. The assessment will take place at an AAT Approved Assessment centre in the form of a Computer Based Test
|Computer Based Test|
|A 1.5 hour exam is supervised under test conditions at an AAT approved assessment centre.|
How and where do I sit an assessment?
- There are AAT approved assessment centres across the UK. The AAT has a search facility on their website that you will find in your MyAAT account.
- Log in to your personal online MyAAT and search for your nearest assessment centre.
- Simply contact your chosen assessment centre and book the date and time you wish to sit the assessment.
- Attend your assessment centre, take and pass your assessment and receive your results
Remember! Your Premier Training Course Advisor is here to help if necessary.
AAT Assessment Fees are £70 – £80 but assessment centre administration fees can vary in price.
On successful completion of this level, you will receive your certificate directly from the AAT.
You will need to pay the assessment fee directly to the exam centre as and when you book each assessment.
Find your nearest assessment centre here: https://www.aat.org.uk/assessment/assessment-venue/search
Upon successful completion of this course students can progress to the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
The skills developed in this qualification can lead to employment in junior or supporting administrative roles in companies across a wide range of sectors, for example, as a:
- trainee bookkeeper
- accounts administrator
- billing/payments administrator/coordinator
- accounts junior
- accounts receivable/payable assistant
- procurement and finance assistant
- assistant cashier